Looking for the ultimate Reading Challenge for 2019? Join me for the 2019 reading challenge and read a book a week with the Booklist Queen!
A few years ago, my mom showed me a reading challenge for adults she’d found on Pinterest. “You can do it with me,” she remarked.
“Why not?” I told myself. While I don’t think I finished that reading challenge, I found that it helped me focus my reading. Instead of reading more of the same books, I suddenly was choosing books that had been lingering on my to-read list for far too long.
I never would have imagined that a few years later I would have a book blog of my own. I was just the other day noticing that on Goodreads, I have several books that I have been meaning to read now for 5 years. Now seems like the perfect time for my own Booklist Queen Reading Challenge 2019 (originally the Pingel Sisters Reading Challenge on my previous website).
Ever ambitious, I wanted this reading challenge to be a bit of a challenge. I wanted a goal that could be realistically in reach for many people, while still making a concerted effort. That’s why I settled on a book a week.
If you’re not quite ready to read a book a week for your 2019 reading challenge, I’ve still got you covered! Feel free to pick and choose categories as much as you like.
Following along on social media? Be sure to tag me @booklistqueen on Instagram and Twitter!
Reading Challenge 2019
A Book A Week with The Booklist Queen
1. A Book With More Than 500 Pages
2. Book You Haven’t Read by Author You Love
3. Goodreads winner in 2018
4. You Can Read in a Day
5. Book About a Difficult Topic
6. Recommended by a Friend
7. Book That Will Make You Cry
8. Book Published in 2009
9. Book Becoming Movie in 2019
10. A Genre You Don’t Usually Read
11. Children’s Classic
12. Cover With Your Favorite Color
13. Bought at a Thrift Store
14. Young Adult Fiction
15. First Book in a Trilogy
16. Second Book in a Trilogy
17. Third Book in a Trilogy
18. Dystopian Novel
19. Award-Winning Book
20. A Book from the Rory Gilmore Challenge
21. Published the Decade Before You Were Born
22. Historical Fiction From A Favorite Time Period
23. Classic You’ve Never Read
24. A Book That Will Keep You Up All Night
25. 2018 bestseller
26. Nonfiction Book about Science
27. Listen to an Audiobook
28. Set in Your Home State
29. You Once Started But Never Finished
30. With a One Word Title
31. A Fairy Tale Retelling
32. Celebrity Book Club Pick
33. A Book You Read in High School
34. Business or Personal Finance Book
35. Autobiography or Memoir
36. Book Set in Another Country
37. Reread a Favorite Book
38. Book by a Local Author
39. Banned Book
40. Narrative Nonfiction
41. On Your To-Read List the Longest
42. A Book About Travel
43. Popular Book You’ve Never Read
44. True Crime
45. Nonfiction Bestseller
46. Science Fiction
47. A Book You Own But Haven’t Read
48. Recommended by a Local Librarian
49. 2019 New Release
50. The First Book in a Series
51. Prettiest cover
52. An Inspirational Story
Read Along with Me
Be sure you don’t miss a thing. Sign up for my weekly newsletter below. I’ll keep you up-to-date on the reading challenge, my blog posts and provide exclusive content just for you. Every week I highlight one of the reading challenge prompts with book suggestions just for my favorite readers.